View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Swap Links

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not to hijack, but a while back i was reading in some magazine about this sweet ski school in either vermont/maine where it's like $400 for a weekend that includes lodging and snowboard lessons 1on1, like some special deal on certain weekends... I always wanted to learn how to snowboard, does anyone off hand know of what school/lodge I might be talking about? Or is this a needle in hay stack kinda thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't spend that much on first time lessons IMO. Go to someplace on a random day and get group lessons. You might get 2-3 other people w/ you, but the time I went it was still 1 on 1. They all teach you the same stuff the first time and you will end up spending most of the day on your knees or your butt. I love snowboarding, and my 2nd time was a breeze, but the first time for everyone is that you fall a lot and lessons don't help out all that much.

It's really something that takes your brain to just figure out, unlike skiing which lessons help out immensely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with this post. You need to get the muscle coordination down first before lessons will help you. Snowboarding is a lot less technical than skiing at the beginner level...and you won't likely get unlearnable bad habits in snowboarding by figuring out the coordination before lessons.

But yea, that does sound like a good deal - no clue what type of place would offer such a steal.

James