View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Confessions of a Live N00B

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice read. Sorry to hear about the 77's going into the muck mishap, but it happens to everyone from time to time. Like today I somehow thought I was the BB when I was actually UTG and no one corrected me, so I was somewhat annoyed by the fact that I had to fold whatever junk I had when an LP player raised and then I had to post the BB again the very next hand. Oh well, like you said we live and learn from our mistakes. Too bad that we never got to meet up, next time maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah! That jogs my memory of what happened when we were down to two tables. I was distracted when my friends came to check on me, turned back to the table, thought I was UTG and they were waiting on me. I was actually BB and acted out of turn. (Pretty sure I went all in.) I don't even remember what the floor ruled. Again, my mistake.

OTOH, my non-poker playing friends think I must be good, when in reality my goal is not to suck or embarrass myself too badly, which makes me smile. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]