View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Flop decision: what now??

Xanta, doesn't UTG's range (his 'chosen' 9% of hands to Pfr, whatever it may be) become more sharply defined after his flop behavior? Did he raise with random garbage (driven by whatever stray firings of his brain) and nail this flop? Or might he actually be picky about the tiny selection of hands he opts to raise pf, and tend to overplay them?

I just find it odd to conceive of a minute raising range that is constantly randomized, like the guy limp-calls everything but occasionally misclicks and ends up raising anything from AJs to 79dd.

Plus, as a side note, I wonder how much we can allow ourselves to make of his raise-sizing pf. I know that many types of droolers will size their pf raises as the mood strikes them, which accidentally benefits them by obscuring their range pf. But this particular fellow seems very passive and droolers such as he often have a very polarized range when they min-raise pf. E.g. {monster pairs, tiny pairs}. Obviously Pokey isn't providing sufficient info for the purposes of this excercise, but it's something I try to sort of factor in, when possible.