View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: 2007-2008 NBA MVP

[ QUOTE ]
Haha.. I was waiting for that. And I agree with you, mostly. However, he was partly responsible for them being down 10 by going 3-16 or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the Nets went on their run when Kobe was off the floor. He was having a brutal game, but the Lakers were up by a few until he and some of the other starters sat. The Nets went on a 14 point run or something ridiculous and then he came back in.

[ QUOTE ]
This is EXACTLY what's wrong with people when it comes to analyzing Kobe. And obviously it was just a one game sample, but it acts as a good metaphor. He has those Jordan-esque moments (comebacks, circus shots, dominance), and everyone starts saying "oh man closest thing to Jordan ever." But he's not. And it's not close (I've posted about it before, cited the stats, etc, so I'm not doing it again). Bryant is great. Phenomenal. A guy you can build a contender around, who are few and far between. But he's a far cry from the greatest baller ever, and currently isn't the best player in the league. It's that simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of this is pretty fair. He might be the greatest scorer ever in terms of the number of ways he can get a bucket, but best scorer != best player.

BTW, Lebron is pretty easily the MVP at this point in the year. Not that this means anything though.