View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: I Need to Move Up To Where My Raises Get Respect...

ok wow a lot of stuff is going on. first and foremost:

[ QUOTE ]
trainwreck threads are what make this forum what it is!

[/ QUOTE ]

qft.

this kerowo quote from the "micros for a living" thread was especially funny given the exchange between me and shadow and bravos:

[ QUOTE ]

You can if you are 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

chess stuff:

some of you guys know that my "job" is running after school chess programs for elementary school kids. it's actually more important that you're good with kids than that you're good at chess. i can teach you enough chess to take most 5th graders (10-11 year olds) down a peg, but it's very difficult to be taught how to handle whiners, criers, fighters, wanderers, and spacers[**].

i can pay you $25/1 hour class to start, or ~$600/month if you take a full schedule (teaching every day). you can probably make more 4-tabling 1/2, but the variance is usually better. unfortunately, no relocation comp available; vegas locals only, mothereffers!

all of you are (seriously!) welcome to apply by sending me a resume.

oh, and that guy from this morning still hasn't contacted me. you know what he gets? F+. click.

edit: finally, i'm happy to play chess with anyone. my preferred method is gameknot.com, though buzz sometimes convinces me to use the inferior interface of redhotpawn.com. my screenname on both sites is cmtyler.

[**] hmm, can you tell i've been playing Lemmings lately?