View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Couple of hands 100 NL

[ QUOTE ]
In hand 2, the only street that seems possibly questionable is preflop. Is calling with AQs standard here? (I would usually call here, but I know I place too loose in some spots preflop, so I'm curious if this is an "easy" call or a "close" call, assuming it is a call.) I take it AQo is a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends how comfortable you are in 3-bet pots. the math says you should fold, because you won't hit enough and win enough when you do to justify calling.

but there is still a lot of room left to play poker on the flop. just like in limit, you're allowed to make calls with A high, and you can semi-bluff shove some flops, especially if you have a gutter or some backdoors. 15 or 20% equity makes a big difference. so again, it really depends how willing you are to mess around in big pots, and how well you read their hands. i'll play AQ all day vs light 3-bets in position.

[ QUOTE ]
In hand 3, I think if you bet $10 on the flop and then $24 on the turn, you have a slightly more natural river bet left ($61 into a pot of $81). All in all, though, you bet sized nicely to leave enough to bluff the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah definitely. when you're bluffing you like to be around a psb on the river

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, if we turn hand 3 around and we are in button's shoes, what do we facing the river bet. It's pretty clear that DD has a flush draw a fair amount of the time here but (assuming we know DD is good) it's also clear he has a pretty clear value bet with As xs here as well. How often are we gritting our teeth and calling, expecting DD to show up with a spade draw without the ace often enough to make our call profitable, and how frequently are we folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

most people aren't really thinking this deeply. the A is a scary looking card and their former top pair doesn't look so strong anymore. DD has taken a very strong line, and even on an obvious scare card, he has to follow through

but to answer your question, if i'm him and i'm facing DD, i'm usually calling