View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs

Where do I start? Did you even read my posts in this thread?

[ QUOTE ]
other than killing everyone, even though felix is a hair away from that conclusion, you can pretty much switch every instance of Jew and Palestinian in the above quote to make up the general view in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you cant. until you provide evidence for this, insread of just repeating it, I wont respond. Please provide any links/evidence you have.

[ QUOTE ]
israel has done no harm?

israel is entitled to something, they aren't entitled to everything they want just because those influencing the government thought its their god given right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my posts. I have never said Israel has done no harm and I, nor the vast majority of Israelis believe that Israel should get "everything". Why do you think that successive Israeli govenments have been parties that favour a 2 state solution? Oh, I forgot - you believe there is a secret, mysterious group of mad religious jews that "influence" the workings of the democracy.

[ QUOTE ]
oh the government of the non existent Palestinian state?

the official media doesnt have to be equal either. im not saying both sides are equal in crimes or distortion by any extent. both sides have dirty records on both counts though. im saying to over generalize either side is a big mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, the governement of the not yet existant Palestinian state. The Palestinians have a government and an official media. You dispute this? When have I generalised? Generalising is what you are doing in every post.

[ QUOTE ]
you also seem to be saying that all arabs are responsible for the crimes of the few but this shouldnt be true for jews?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please refer me to where I have said this.

[ QUOTE ]
the problem with your analysis is you completely ignore the people on the other end but have full compassion for every israeli issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, please, please read my posts in this thread. I absolutely do not ignore the Palestinian grievances. I have said many times that I fully understand why the Palestinians hate the Israelis and I certainly believe that Israel has made many mistakes.

[ QUOTE ]
either way, the politics have been heavily influenced by religious fanatics and a lot of the secular israelis are very pissed off about it. I also dont think they are necessarily evil masterminds.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the politics have not been heavily influenced by religious fanatics. What is your reason for saying this? Is it something your family has told you? Not "necessarily" evil masterminds? Seriously, you sound like a conspiracy theory nut.

[ QUOTE ]
i just dont think you a realizing that there is another side and they have very much of the same claims

[/ QUOTE ]

Im now begging - PLEASE read my posts in this thread where i explicitly state that I fully appreciate that the Palestinians have legitimate claims and grievances.

You have also not answered the questions I asked in my previous reply to you.