View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Hoss_TBF / Patrick Antonious GRUDGE MATCH!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I still made the obvious adjustments, I'd be playing you in 10/20 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a question about Hoss' play. Hoss plays so-called unexploitable poker and here he kinda implies that he avoids making "obvious" adjustments based on his opponents style of play. Does this mean he plays pretty much every opponent the same? Furthermore - if Hoss would play in say $3/$6 or $10/$20 or any other lower limit shorthanded game would his unexploitable style still be profitable unadjusted there also?

I have never witnessed him play so these questions have risen based only on the things I have read/heard about his style.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of people better qualified to answer this, but since they might not bother I'll take a stab. Playing "unexploitably" means that you balance your actions such that your opponents will not gain more by taking one line or another. Like bluffing with just the right frequency such that villain's EV is the same whether he calls you or folds. Vs. world class opponents this is important since they will presumably pick up on exploitable tendencies and, well, exploit them. Vs. midstakes grinders unexploitable play may not be the best you can do since they will presumably be making mistakes that you can then exploit by straying from the unexploitable path (i.e. if they fold too much on the end, then you bluff more). If he didn't adjust for this, then his strategy would be less profitable but still unexploitable.