View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: $5/$10 B&M Kill Hand

The raise preflop is close, imo. Being a kill pot I probably would have just limped, hoping to get the blinds involved, because if they have A2x they're calling, and if they have crap they're folding, so if you raise and they call sometimes you will be holding similar low hands. Thus, if you just limp they will complete/check option and potentially call down with inferior draws and make the pot bigger- and it's very unlikely they will make the nut low holding cards worse than yours, unless you get double/triple counterfeited.

I think just calling would be better, but if the blinds were bad and the game had been aggressive this raise is fine. A raise in this spot with this hand shouldn't be to isolate- it should be made to increase the amount of $ that goes into the pot preflop. I don't think that was accomplished, but it's still not a terrible raise. Calling here will have more long term EV, though.

On the flop you should bet. If raised you can easily fold.

On the turn after the flop bet I would check behind.

As you played it, call the bet on the turn. Any low card makes you the nut low, and you have a lot of ways to make the nut low + 2 pair. You really want to see an A,2,3 on the river- 9 outs that make you the nut low/2 pair.

21 cards make you the best low, 9 cards make you the nut low+ 2 pair, and 2 cards give you trips.

you're getting 3.5-1 to call the turn, and given the description of the player who's betting, he could have picked up the NLD only- who knows. You might be drawing at half the pot only, but this is an auto call here. Sometimes you will scoop in this spot, too, when you make 2 pair and the nut low, which, is a strong hand HU.

-Tex