View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:00 PM

Default 10NL - Defending blinds with low PP... Too aggro?

Reads: I'm new at the table. Villain is data-mined as "ultra-aggressor" on my PT when this hand plays out... something like 36/15/3 with steals attempted 33.33% of the time (all this over 200+ hands). I think his range is very wide here, including his calling range since he is IP vs. an unknown.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $21.15
UTG+1: $3.10
CO: $3.95
Button: $19.60
Hero: $11
BB: $10.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.2</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> I 3-bet since it'll take the pot down a good amount of the time and force villain to reconsider steal range. If I'm called I have pretty good implied odds if I spike my set in a RR pot. </font>

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, Button calls.

<font color="blue">I bet flop because I'm very likely to have the best hand, and if I check/face a bet I won't know where I'm at. Plus I have momentum and there's decent FE here. If he raises me, I'll give consideration to a push and to a fold. A serious raise probably lets me fold correctly. If he just calls I plan to push any rag (non-diamond low card) as I feel high-cards make a big part of his range. </font>

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $7.8</font>, Button folds.
Uncalled bets: $7.8 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $6.5

Too aggressive? Too stupid? Standard? Comments/Praise/Flame would be wonderful.