Thread: IGN Top 100
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: IGN Top 100

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they're using up too many of their "cult PC games that were great but nobody bought" selections here

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, what? X-Com: UFO Defense is the only one of those games I'm not familiar with and SS2 is the only other one that might be considered a "cult game nobody bought," and it's deservedly on that list because it's one of the best shooters ever (see Zero Punctuation's BioShock review for reference). Warcraft II, SimCity 2000, and Half-Life aren't cult games, nor did nobody buy them.

I'm glad they didn't ride Half-Life's nuts into the top 25, although I'm sure HL2 will be a little overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I think XCom and HL were placed much too low. I didn't like HL2 nearly as much as the original, so if HL2 is in the top 10, I'll be very sad. The guys at IGN's PC branch clearly didn't have much say in this list, since they crowned XCom the #1 PC game of all time, and deservedly so imo. Yet, they mention that the PC guys gave it the #1, and they stick it behind a bunch of other great, but not quite as perfect (imo) PC games.