View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Fantasy Ethics Question

[ QUOTE ]
So I probably cave and do it, make millions, realize money isn't everything, feel extremely guilty, donate it to charity, continue low-income life.

[/ QUOTE ]And find the happiness you could not find before, living the same life you now probably find frustrating. Grasshopper, you have attained true wisdom.

Andy, thanks for letting the thread stay for a day. And thanks for the answers, they are interesting, to say the least. So, this was an odd question but I am reading some research by a statistics professor who states that remote viewing is a mathematically proven trait after a few decades of replicable and tightly controlled studies. I was thinking about this when I was watching some high stakes Razz the other night and realized how many of the players at those limits I had notes on - from playing at .50/1.

When I see them down there, I never say anything, I just make a mental note to be careful in hands with them, they aren't going to be doing anything real stupid. If I knew you could see through the cards, like the fantasy question, I'd tell everyone. When, as a far superior player, does it become unethical, if ever, to play among the micros? Understand, these aren't 1/2 or 2/4 players, these are 5/10, 10/20 players.

I don't like it. They aren't hurting me, really, but...it just feels low class and wrong.

Is it just part of poker culture I have to get used to? Would you say anything to the other players? Am I just being a gurrrelllll?