View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]
some arguments wouldnt hurt, cuase I think IN THIS SITUATION VS GOLD it was a great play (regardless of the fact that he might not have been aware of it, but everyone who argues that way without ever having even met this guy is clearly too full of himself)

and btw. another advantage that Guy has is that he`s prolly the only one at the table who doesnt care losing a big hand vs GOLD. Like others have pointed out already, many of the players would be extra-pissed if they lose a big pot to Gold, Guy might be the only one who would able to ignore all his crap-talk and fully trust his instincts, cause 1 Million more or less is not gonna hurt him at all. So why not follow it, he doesnt seem like a guy who would commit suicide if his poker-ego gets hurt after being wrong in a poker-hand vs an idiot who is hated by almost everyone (as opposed by Farha, who couldnt pull the trigger in the AA hand). There`s no downside to the reraise imo, and if you think there is, let me know why! Of course if you would lay Jacks down to Golds raise on the river, it`s a valid argument, but as we know it wouldve been the wrong play then in almost any case, cause he`s got only 5 outs and even if he hits one of them he wouldnt put in another bet after our reraise on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but the point is that guy accidentally made the perfect play. if jamie's cards were face up guy would almost certainly have just bet, because he would never expect jamie to call a check/raise with his hand. he does not understand poker on a deep level, there is no argument about this.

99% of the time the hand ends on the turn with guy winning the pot. a much more profitable line (in the long run) against Jamie is to check/call and I believe 100% the thought of checking to induce a bluff never crossed his mind.

this was more likely guy's thought process:

oh crap...i shouldn't have checked...why in the world did I do that? I have an overpair...crap crap crap...omg he bet, yes! thank god. this makes up for my accidental turn check...hmm, 3 x 25 = 75. I'll make it 75 thousand. what does he have? hell if I know, but I have an overpair. yessssssss. he calls? for the foundation!