View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:36 AM

Default NL25: Getting AGG on the Turn against a LAG

Ok this guy seems to be playing 40/24/3.4 and never folding to threebets nad never folding in the blinds. He likes to bet a ton too. He has been threebetting about 24% of the time from all positions according to RT HUD.

Edit: I was playing something like 25/22/5 when this hand happened.

PF is a tad loose for me. there are not a lot of hands I can see him having that can continue on this turn as he would have 3bet them. So my goal on the turn is to make him fold out a flush draw or some kind of weak T, 8, or Q. I rarely ever pull this kind of move as most villains would be snap calling with TP but I think it's pretty safe to say that he does not have a strong top pair hand. I bet so much since more $ = more FE, or at least that what I think.

I am a total fish at calculating out how often this needs to get a fold to work and I am having a hard time figuring out what he has here that may call me. I know he would three bet pairs and Broadways and quite a few suited connectors. any help on trying to figure out a calling range and a folding range would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I am repping QQ,TT,88,AQ,J9s(50%). He might not think J9s although I would raise it PF UTG sometimes. He does think!

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $26.85
CO: $26.65
BTN: $150.75
SB: $8.25
BB: $25

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 8 Q T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.70</font>, BTN calls $1.70

Turn: ($5.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $4.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.15 and is All-In</font>, BTN folds

Results: $14.25 Pot ($0.70 Rake)
Hero mucked 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and WON $13.55 (+$6.60 NET)