View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Who are your top 10 college football teams -- OFFICIAL early rankings

I live in the Southeast and have my entire life, so of course i'm a huge SEC freak, so I can give my best preseason ranking of the conference (I agree preseason polls are retarded btw)

Firstly LSU will be substantially better than Auburn next year. Putting Auburn in the top 5 is ridiculous. They are at best 10 in a top 10 poll (if I were making a top 25 I'd have them around 15 actually). They whooped up on some cream puffs last year and did not look particularly great against good opponents. They either lost to or barely beat anyone decent on their schedule, not exactly top 5 domination. (South Carolina hadn't come "around" when they played AU)

As others have noted UGA will have a very off year as opposed to their last 4-5 seaons. UT of course is a big question mark and they sucked it up so oddly last year nobody really is predicting them to do much. FLorida and S.C. was coming on strong last year so they look to be good east bets.

So while I won't speak nationally I'll give my SEC rankings

West

1. LSU
2. Auburn
3. Alabama
4. Arkansas
5. Ole Miss
6. Mississippi State

East

1. Florida
2. South Carolina
3. Georgia