View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Harris Ranch trip report

[ QUOTE ]
john,

I had never flown in a plane that small before. I was a little scared about going up in it. I was sorta scared during takeoff, and especially as we climbed from about 2000 to 3000 feet, where it was pretty bumpy (bumpier than normal apparently). Once we reached our cruising altitude of 5500, it was quite nice and smooth. When we were doing the banks to start our approach and then slowing down during our descent, that was pretty f'ing terrifying. Oh, Harris Ranch is an especially narrow runway, so he actually did one pass and decided he was coming in too fast and pulled out of it to give it another shot. Surprisingly, that whole process wasn't very scary and actually sorta cool. Apparently there were some very high flying birds that really scared the pilot towards the end of the trip, but luckily I was asleep at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. i am definitely never getting on an airplane that can't withstand the impact of a bird.

this reminds me of ron white's hilarious bit about getting passed by a goose in a plane "the size of a pack of gum" traveling "half the speed of smell" on his 12 minute flight to phoenix from the flagstaff "airport, haircare & tire center" lol