View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: my next ten

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sexy Beast
Ben Kingsley is a star...Ray Winstone should be a star. Perfect movie with wit and great style.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem I had with this movie was Kingsley's accent was so thick I needed subtitles. Otherwise excellent.

Your choice brought to mind another Kingsley movie that I saw within a week of Sexy Beast. House of Sand and Fog combined the clash of cultures, a gripping plot and top performances (although I remember some digs at Jennifer Connelly on the forum). Worth an honorable mention at least.

Finally while stumbling thrugh Netflix and Rotten Tomatoes came accross Salton Sea. Val Kilmer and Vincent D'Onofrio in a "beautifully photographed punk-noir set against the backdrop of a gang of speed freaks. How can you skip that?

Anyway, added about five more movies to the Netflix Q which is now 204 deep thanks to you guys. Noticed John Cole (my only Netflix friend other than my brother [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) loved 2046 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

though i don't think either house of sand and fog or the salton sea deserve top 20 consideration they are two of my all time favorites that no one ever saw. strange you would mention them both. i have never had anyone complain about either when i recommended them. bad initial marketing maybe. oh, another val kilmer movie--spartan gets the same treatment too.

nice work rick. J.

p.s. dom--you honorable mentions list has over half of my top ten in it i think. i have just a bit worse taste than you obv. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]