View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: 4 hands from an opponent, followed by a river decision...

Hand 1: It's strange that he only called on that flop. I would expect a guy this aggressive to raise you there with a draw (QJ or KJ.) I'm not sure how he plays trips, but I think he might just raise them on this flop as well. I'm not sure that that leaves except maybe a hand like yours or a lower pp. Given that, the turn seems fine, although he might just check through a lower pp (which is fine since he has 2 outs and might call on the river because he's confused.)

Hand 2: Just called pre-flop + flop donk bet = flush draw/OESD a lot, even though I know the results. Usually they only call on the flop after getting raised. I'm surprised this is still used at 5/10 though because I think it's a really clueless move. With the other player padding on the end I guess you can call for sanity reasons, but his line is the essential "I don't know how to play flush draws" line.

Hand 3: I play it the same. The LRR is either total junk or QQ+ right, so it's WA/WB unless he has something like AK. I always seem to be WB in this spot though.

Hand 4: Standard. He doesn't have the flush draw because he didn't donk. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I wonder if he donk bets his top pair as well.

Hand 5: Given the way this guy plays flush draws I'm inclined to bet for value here and get called by a J.