View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
your opinion will change when you see most of the "regs" for the fish that they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody isn't saying that the regulars aren't exploitable. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if Narena dropped from 16-tabling to 2-4 tabling he could totally expose my multi-tabling game and make money from me. However, playing 12+ tables whilst ensuring you value-town and don't bluff passive-fish and picking constant agro fights with regulars is just going to become messy. You can and will lose track of who's playing back, who seems to have started floating your 3-bets or 4-betting light, etc. Eventually you'll make a mistake and it'll be costly. I remember once at 6-max I 4-bet a super-nit very light because I mentally transposed him for a player that had been 3-betting the hell out of me on another table but the same seating position - I got stacked....by AA unsurprisingly!

Obviously if you are playing higher levels you have to have a different strategy as there are more 'regulars' than 'fish' and a smaller player pool but at NL$200 or less I believe the route to the highest and most consistent profit per month (not necessarily per 100 hands) is to play as many tables as you can handle and target the fish.

I would challenge ANY player in the world to 4-table NL$200 (targeting exploitable regs) and make more money in 200 hours than Narena playing the same site and same level playing 12+ tables (figures to include rakeback + bonus points, etc). He may not have the best bb/100 or the best game or the most flair but there are very few (if any) players in the world that have made so much from NL$200 since early-mid 2007.

FWIW I deliberately restrict the rate at which I take money from certainly super-nit regulars. I'm not joking; I know their games so well I could literally abuse the hell out of them but I consciously don't take it too far. I bleed them of money but at a rate where I hope they will never notice. That way I can make a little money of them and not have to worry about the fact they are on 75%+ of my tables. I have no doubt I could crush them over the next few days/week/whatever but they are not totally stupid and would start to play back forcing me to actually have to think against them whereas now I can play them on auto-pilot and still make money. Think of it like resource management; I'm not going to trawl my own sea dry.