View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: The Hated Free Showdown Raise Maybe

[ QUOTE ]
$20-$40 near you:

Villian has just enough of a brain to get himself into trouble. He is capable of playing weak made hands or hand/draw combinations fairly strong. He is break-even at best. He views me as a TAG but likely thinks I am over agressive/trying to run him over at times, which is definitely true.

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, I raise in MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Villan calls in BB, limpers call.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Action: Checked to me, I bet, BB raises, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, I 3-bone, BB caps, UTG calls, I call.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, UTG folds, and I insta-raise

Holla?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not a free show down raise because you don't plan to fold to a re-raise and you don't plan to fold to a river donk. A free showdown raise is made on the turn with a weak made hand that you intend to invest a maximum of two more bets in, thus you invest both of them on the turn rather than calling the turn and the river. This is not even a semi-bluff raise but simply a legitimate attempt to get more money in the pot on a hand you figure to be the best currently (value bet).

I like the turn raise. I like never folding this hand. I like calling a turn 3 bet. I like calling a river donk. I like betting the river if checked to.