View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm 9/30

[ QUOTE ]
I just got into CYE recently and just finished season 3 last night. I was having a discussion with shaniac about it because I really started to not like the show in the second half of season 3. I thought they really took Larry's level of annoyingness to a whole new level. It was almost like they were deliberately trying to piss me, as the viewer, off.

Shane said Larry hit him that way some in season 5 or 6 and that he thought Larry does that to everyone at some time or another. I really loved the first 2.5 seasons but am not even sure I want to go on with season 4. Anyone have any comments or am I just retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this kind of feeling hits everyone in a way sooner or later, but for me it's the same way Seinfeld did, in that characters could so easily do something else to avoid total chaos without compromising any principles but do it anyways, but of course they do it so they actually have a show.

I still question myself because everyone I know agrees Larry is mean spirited but I see him as the rational one and the world as incorrect.

I love the early seasons compare to the later ones but it's still one of if not the best comedy on TV right now IMO.