View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 06:05 PM

Default PokerStars Warning! Beware!

Over the weekend, Pokerstars sent me an email that my account had been frozen due to some guys comment that shared part of my email address. Here's a quote of the comment:

[ QUOTE ]

Your account has been temporarily frozen, pending a review and complete explanation for your statement which you made on 2+2.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?
Cat=0&Board=inet&Number=12092025&Searc hpage=1&Main=12033979&Words=+cgibson7
77&topic=&Search=true#Post12092025

"Took care of my PokerStar problem. Last 4 deposits to Stars have yet to
clear from a month ago, so I just transfered the funds out of PokerStars
and issued a stop payment on the funding account! Put a bad beat on them
for once!"

We look forawd to your reply.

Regards,

Tuan
PokerStars Security

[/ QUOTE ]
Note this is the first time I've ever even been to this site. The site looks like a wonderfull place for online information. So I'll make my point now.

First of all, I want to know how PokerStars can take a statement made in a chat forum and use it against a person's online site account. Does PokerStars actually run 2+2? As far as I can tell they don't. Watch what people say in here because even if it's not your statement they will cross reference and hold it against you.

Second of all, even if I did make the comment what right is it of a dam online poker sites? Last time I recalled PokerStars wasn't a communist nation. Guess I was wrong. If you talk trash about Stars here, you will feel it's effects on the Poker table. Watch out for big brother.

Third and finally, since Stars won't reply to my email because I guess they're too busy reading the chat forums, I'll leave my reply to them here. I didn't even realize there was a problem with the Echecks on PokerStars, which I reused last month after they opened the access from the US back up. After the wonderful hate message from Stars I decided that they were the wrong people to have access to my account.

As far as I'm concerned, my funds were opened for transfer and withdrawel from your (PokerStars) support department and available for my use as deemed appropriate. I was also ensured they had cleared [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Well Stars, I've closed my accounts since I don't want you guys being communistic within my checking account! I suggest any readers beware of transactions that haven't been made because once they pull out your money then if they take too much then you're screwed. If they haven't taken your money out yet and you've already cashed it out then.............. oh well for PokerStars.

Guess this time Stars finally takes the bad beat! Just remember people, Stars will screw all of us without thought. Now you get a chance to strike them in their pockets.