View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: i check and see, but do i like what i saw?

[ QUOTE ]
i was discussing this hand with TT and Cactus Jack after it happened. Jack was the button in this hand and tanked and folded J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the flop. TT said that Jack's fold was too weak because there are so many draws that Taggish can be raising on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised Jack didn't raise preflop for value against this field. But anyway, given that Jack tanked, you should have spent that time trying to put him on a hand, as there aren't too many hands that should be tanking and folding. Flush draws should only tank to wonder whether they should be 3-betting or coldcalling (and even then, I'm not sure how long that decision would take -- 3-betting probably freezes the action against this passive crowd and lets hero have full control on the turn). Naked middle pair/bottom should be folding pretty quickly. T8 or QT may have to think for a bit to decide that it really has about 6-7 outs and can gamble with the expected calls from the bettor/callers. Admittedly, this could also be some post-play analysis already knowing that he has a weak jack, but it's worth thinking about what your thinking opponent is thinking about when he's thinking.

[ QUOTE ]
esther's lead is troubling because there are few worse Js (and her lead here is typical of a TP-type hand).

still, i do not fear a 3bet behind me from anyone and the pot is getting big, so i want to see what develops on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't like it. If there had been a raise preflop, the pot would be big enough to warrant a call, but I just think there's not enough worth chasing here such a weak hand here with a weakish player donking and a taggish player raising.

Coldcalling JTs OTB with the same action is a little better because of position and the two card BDFD, and I might *barely* be convinced to make that coldcall. With your BDFD, you have to go through a 3-flush to get there and then you're OOP with the 4th nut one card flush and can't do a whole lot with it.