View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: NLCASH how badly did I butcher this hand

My thought process through the hand:

Flop: I'm pretty sure I've got the best hand, and he's bet when checked to almost every time, so I want to try to get more money in, but this is a very draw-heavy flop, so I don't want to check/call giving a free card. A7 isn't exactly a monster, though, so is it even sane to be considering a checkraise here? (And based on previous action, I think there's *very* little chance he's going to check behind, no matter what his cards are)

Turn:
He called, so he's probably got some piece. My check-raise could very easily look like a draw, and if he thinks I'm drawing, the 5 made a couple straight draws, but missed the clubs. On the off chance that he's just floating, I don't want to shut him down by betting, so I check.

The $9 bet actually has me thinking I'm probably beat by a two or two pair, because he's willing to commit his stack. But it's also a good bluffing card, I have some straight outs, he's very shallow, so it's not going to cost me much more to showdown, and there's some chance I could still have the best hand, so I call.

If he's got me beat, the rest of his chips are going in on the river anyway, and if he doesn't, I'm probably only going to get his last $5 by letting him continue to bet, correct?

But there's no point I should be even considering folding here, though, right? Even if the SB has a full stack behind? Sometimes I don't give folding much thought (just enough to reject it), and wonder after the fact if maybe I should have.

Well, maybe if there's a big bet on the river? Obviously I can't fold for $5. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]