View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Cash Games At the Rio During the WSOP

[ QUOTE ]
I gotta disagree a little with the "if you can't throw dice at this limit, don't play it" philosophy. I know LOTS of people who absolutely hate to have a couple maniacs at the table. They just do not want to deal with $40 pre-flop raises in NL1/2 or $300 shoves after the flop over and over. That's completely understandable--the variance in that sorta game is huge as you're often pushing with 60:40 sorta edges. That's the kinda thing that can eat a bankroll. So I do completely understand people who aren't happy in those games.

I love 'em. I hunt for them. I don't want to play 10 hours a day like that 'cause raise+shove poker isn't all that much fun in my book after a few hours--it gets pretty old and I want to get back to playing normalish sorta games. But a few hours a couple times a week is groovy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like normal games - I hate "normal" games. I like games where many are making mistakes all the time. I dont like players who fold suited hands to my 4x raise, I like players who reraise with garbage all day long.

Now that is groovy and I like groovy in large chunks.