View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
lol

if hes good he will recognize you doing this fairly quickly, then adjust.

[/ QUOTE ]

This only serves to emphasis my point. He will adjust and then I'll have to re-adjust and so it continues. The only point I'm making is that whilst two good players war the fish are probably folding their trouble hands.

For example, say I'm in MP and raise AQs and a fish calls with A9o (as they do). Aggro-solid-reg (ASR) on BTN finds 99 and choses to squeeze the pot. I'll either 4-bet light or fold. Fish will almost certainly fold irrespective of the action. If I 4-bet light ASR will either fold or we'll end up in a flip situation for stacks.

What if ASR just calls and the flop comes:

A,5,6 or, 9,5,3 or A,9,4 or, or, or.... There are few ways ASR will stack me and vice versa (I'll not even stack off on the A94 flop vs ASR) but there are many, many ways that fish will stack off to one of us. He'll probably give most of his buy in to me on the first flop, most of it to ASR on the second flop and all of it to ASR on the third flop. Good regulars want this guy in the pot with us yet by attacking each other non-stop you just give them the information they need to fold hands we don't want them to fold. Cash game poker, and especially Full Ring, is a game where post-flop skill dominates and yet with 3-4 betting wars preflop between good regs you pretty much remove that from the game.

Perhaps you view fish's call as dead money that's there for the taking. However, I'm not so interested in taking 3.5bb off fish every now and again. I'd rather I get him stitched up for a 100bb pot a little less often and if you let him see flops with his dominated hands that will happen.