View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: 8k Post - Microlimit bankroll: The misunderstood game of poker (tl;dr)

Forgot to answer these questions.
[ QUOTE ]
What is your bankroll experience? When did you start playing poker semi-casually? How much did you start with? Where are you now? What have you done with your winnings?

[/ QUOTE ]Deposited $100 about 4 years ago and somehow managed not to go broke before learning anything about bankroll management. But have been practicing it for the last 3 years or so. Ever since I discovered 2p2. I cashed out $1000 at one point. Left $200 to gamble with and rebuild a roll, I regret doing this immensely to some extent but building it back has been a challenge. I'm now hovering between $650-$1k and have grinded up from $200 last year mostly in SNG's at $5nl. Recently became interested in getting back into limit due to struggles tilting at 25nl.

[ QUOTE ]
What is your bankroll philosophy? Do you agree with me? Disagree? How do you look at your poker money?

[/ QUOTE ]I agree. To some degree I want to just deposit like $5k and take a shot at playing 3/6 semi-professionally or whatever but I don't really have that kind of money laying around so I'll try building from the micros up instead. It's taking quite a long time which is why I regret cashing out $1k last year. Also I have no idea if I could actually beat 3/6. Probably not.

[ QUOTE ]
What are your struggles with your bankroll? How have you dealt with bad variance? Have you ever been close to busto? What did you do about it?

[/ QUOTE ]Dealing with the worst variance in my 4 years right now actually. It's quite stressful. But I have also been on the other side and winning basically every pot I played for a week. So, I understand the swings. Just have not entirely come to grips with it. The last 5 months or so have been my most active ever, I am taking the game more seriously now and trying to build it up and hopefully get to a stake that I could make decent money with each month. I do play for entertainment but winning is very important to me, or getting better I should say. Ideally I am not still playing .5/1 or 1/2 this time next year but if so, I can live with that.