View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: AJ postflop [22$ end-game], horrible?

[ QUOTE ]
I think many will argue that raising AJs UTG is a bad play. I'm not very good at tourneys though so I'm interested in this as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to drop it but I think a raise is fine (ty Nath for this advice - I'll let you know if it's actually profitable or just serves to make me feel less of a wuss). Then see what happens. In this case, we get called. I probably do a database check and then estimate a pf calling range for this standard of player in this tournie and go from there. The more I feel villain is likely to be thinking, the less likely I am to c-bet there. It's not a drawy flop so my UTG raising range that likes this flop would often check there. Basically, villain is likely to have pairs or broadway cards to be calling pre-flop and he's not folding them yet. He will fold anything else we're beating. So I don't really like betting here and then folding or freezing on an unimproved turn. If we check, he might check behind, which is nice, or bet in such a way that suggests we can take away the pot.