View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Crossfit Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I dont understand what crossfit is?

I am looking at the list of exercises on the website. It has Olympic lifts and powerlifting in addition to all the "crossfit" exercises. Seems like that would be great for hypertrophy.

What does a week of exercises for a elite crossfitter look like?

I see tons of individual stuff but I am really curious about a whole week.

I would like to try some of it out if it includes all the powerlifting and olympic lifting stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you honestly going to say that by following crossfit or a crossfit based routine that you would see better physique results than if you opened up your range to all sorts of different programs and other options?

I think we can eliminate the WOD with no real effort.

There is no doubt that you would grow on it. Much like many posters here post something about their DB only program or whatever their doing and then defend it saying "Well it works for me" while at the same time asking for advice. Large compound lifts work great and there are some big dudes who do crossfit, but that is pretty much immaterial. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who competes even on a lower level who takes crossfit seriously as an optimal solution.

FWIW if I wanted to get back into athletics (which I may after I gain some size). I'll likely be doing a program that is either crossfit or almost the exact same. Lots of GPP, core work, and powerlifting and Olympic lifts. And some running [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]