View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: [PL50] - How to play the turn.

UTG and especially in a full ring game you are prob better off avoiding playing ANY a-5 hands that dont involve aces, no matter how pretty they may look, however u did, so ok....
i think the way you played the hand your are probably better off folding the turn. you are almost never ahead of his range, and a big bet is most likly going to be fired on the river which u will have to fold to unless you greatly improve...If u do call i'd be very hesitant at bluffing if a two came off... this is because u said this is a tight player.. and no tight player i know is potting this turn with a naked a-2...he'd either have two pair with it.. something like a-2-3, prob with clubs or hearts or something along those lines, either way the two on the river will most likly not hurt his hand that baddly, so be very carfully before firing at this river.

the way i would play this hand.. and not saying this is the optimal way, but it seems to work fairly well for me on most occasioons... if i saw this flop, which again i probably wouldnt most times, i'd bet pot on the flop like u did... now the turn is a relative blank, especailly given the most likly hand range of your oponent, so your situation really didnt change much, id now bet three quater pot, something like $8... if i am raised instant muck!!! occasionally this bet will get a weak a-2 to fold, will most likly also fold any pure non nut low draws or weak both way hands, which may have u beat as well... if called my plan would be to fire on any big/repeater card, since a call in this spot tells me my oponent is on some kind of low draw, id even bet if a club hits since its less likly he is on that draw...i'd also obviouly fire to any hand that improves us to the nuts...and id check fold any low card on the river that doesnt improve our standings....