View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:39 AM

Default FLO8 - Betting Structure

In the generally loose-passive & tight-passive low stakes FLO8 games, though players are constantly making loose flop calls, through "herd immunity" they're not losing much more than tiny fractions of bets by it.

In FLHE you exploit passivity by making free card plays on the flop, and also it's easier to predict the likely flop bettor allowing you to check/raise and protect a fragile made hand.

In the FLO8 games on the flop, it appears most players are perfectly happy to give cheap cards, and allow opponents to make weak and backdoor draws profitably. Should someone raise early in the hand, they're likely to be checked to on next round, and lose an opportunity to 2 bet the turn, so sand-bagging is habitual (even where it's clearly not in the best hands interest).

The most profitable games for me, have been where a predictable Maniac, has helped me generate action exploiting equity edges and charging a stiffer price to loose calls.

In Ciaffone's Omaha book he suggests a 1/2/3/3 betting structure for Omaha Hi, and I'm beginning to think this would balance the FLO8 game better to.

For instance this would reduce the de-skilling when Fish jam pre-flop, making their mindless calling correct post-flop. The pot on the flop would be smaller in relation to bet size, giving more incentive to bet hands (and also raise). Finally the smaller increase, turn & river would reduce the windfall benefit to players catching 'miracle' cards.

As is, it's almost 1,000 hands ago since I was able to cap in a multi-way pot trapping the loose auto-call players...

Omaha "The Action Game" at moment "Inaction Game" seems more appropriate.