View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Recent Amarillo Slim news?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Was that from the Austin news?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Amarillo Globe-News

A Randall County grand jury indicted legendary poker player Amarillo Slim Preston in connection with allegations he inappropriately touched a child.

The three indictments against Thomas Austin "Amarillo Slim" Preston Jr. for indecency with a child by contact list three dates when he allegedly touched the child - Jan. 1, March 13 and March 14.

Jurors met for nearly three hours Friday with Oldham County District Attorney Don Davis, and the indictments were returned about noon.

Davis was appointed to the investigation July 29 when Randall County Criminal District Attorney James Farren recused himself because Preston "made admissions" to Farren regarding the allegations against him, said Robert Love, a Randall County assistant district attorney.

Farren and Preston's wife, Helen, are listed on the indictment as testifying before the grand jury.

[...]

Amarillo Globe News (registration required I believe)

[/ QUOTE ]

This actually works against your argument.

Which is more likely:

A. Amarillo Slim told the prosecutor "Well you got me, I am a child molestor, but let's just let bygones be bygones."

or

B. Amarillo said something like "Look I'll level with you, I hugged her a little closer than I should have because she's kind of hot. You seriously going to send me to jail for that?"

If he had actually made a serious confession to the prosecutor, the prosecutor would have testified against him and they wouldn't have even offered a deal.