View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Law and Math Combo?

More for future prospects. Well in other words, I do want a career, but, one that still allows for a more entrepreneurial lifestyle, which I think a quantitative one can provide. A potential law degree upgrade if I do go into math would be for more specialized prospects/endeavours...which may or not be dehibilitating to innovation, no idea, therein lies the main confusion.

Definately getting the idea over the past little while that law is not what it's made out to be..and is pretty monotonous work...but of course there are quite a few outlier positions I think that can be rewarding/different/allow for creativity, and I would assume, the more unique and specialized you are, the more doors open to you in that specturm of the legal discipline.

That is basically what I am after, if the above statement is in fact true. If not, then a quantitative career combining math and psych would probably of greater satisfaction to me...although, one can't ignore the potential worth of a law degree itself in personal ventures...I think.

There was an article in the ABA journal the other month actually, criticizing the billable hour system of the profession, but taking it one step further and describing the many ways this traditional setup of the system may entangle in our lifetime. If that were the case now, boy what an easier decision this might be...