View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: I\'m becoming a live player

[ QUOTE ]
I get kinda interested when respected players say they *never* do something. That statement in itself makes you exploitable.

The issue I see with these three examples isn't the limp, its the lack of reasoning as to why Hero limped in each case.

In the first example, I believe limping is a poor choice due to # of BBs Hero has, position in the hand, and stack size of those who follow. Also, you didn't seem to have a plan (folding is a default condition here, not a plan)for what to do next. Hero didn't say if V1 or V2 raises, I fold. If BB raises, I call with position or re-raise, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't really want to post my reasoning since good reasoning behind making a play doesn't make it good, I met one guy who spent lunch talking about how overlimping KK very deep is great, and most 2+2ers would probably have been very satisfied after listening to his reasoning.

Anyways, hand 1, I don't think I can open profitably, but all the players behind me were tight enough that I think I will get to see the flop with the blinds a large % of the time with a hand that crushes their ranges + with my stack, most people won't be opening hands that they can't comfortably call a shove with.

Hand 2: Shove over charder and busto, fold to the others, I think they will be opening a wide enough range that I can definitely shove quite profitably, and if I were to open, I think they will be reraising with ranges such that I'd end up folding unhappily.

Hand 3: Shove if charder isolates since people love folding getting less than 2:1, and love isolating limpers