View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: it\'s all about fishin\' man

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is fun and addicting and attracts sick gamblers. If the fish dried up and went away who is Las Vegas making their money off in games of chance with expected -EV? Game selection will always be key but I believe their will always be exploitable action in poker rooms to varying degrees.

[/ QUOTE ]

That exploitable action will be far harder to find in the future.

Keep in mind "the sick gamblers" have a lot more fun when much of the rest of the table also consists of sick gamblers. The reality is a uneducated gambler is a lot closer to breaking even and perhaps having fun at table games other than poker; especially as the games tighten up. As the poker tables toughen he loses both to the rake and the other players. In the simpler table games he simply loses to the house edge and is at least treated right by the staff (as opposed to being ridiculed by his opponents).

The kind of tourist I often see at the tables in LA are young kids from out of town who probably read these forums and beat online a couple years back sharing an apartment or hotel (often for the summer). Learning to handle chips and so on is easy for them.

Meanwhile the middle aged chumps (like me I guess) might have to go back to limit.

~ Rick