View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul ..... non-helpful political advertisements posted in Legi

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're a bit confused, but ...

Ron Paul stands for small government, a humble foreign policy and personal liberty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the Republican platform..

[/ QUOTE ]

At their very best, Republicans stand for small government, but they have never been known for embracing personal liberty (and neither have Democrats, albeit for different reasons). Of course, for the better part of the past decade, the GOP leadership seems to have forgotten that small government used to be one of their goals. Foreign policy, of course, has never been on really solid philosophical moorings under either party.

Ron Paul is a libertarian, and he's far from the first to duck out into the GOP in order to have an actual effect. The Libertarian National Party considers Ron Paul to be one of their own, to the extent that there's a serious debate over whether they would even bother to run a candidate if Paul were to win the Republican nomination (they likely wouldn't, and their rank and file would overwhelmingly support Paul even if they did).

Consider yourself corrected, and severely so. You couldn't possibly have been more wrong, which makes your rude manner all the more annoying.