View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Final Table: 88 flop spot with awkward stacks

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, BB really has pot odds to call with anything but 32o and 72 type hands. However, BB is the small stack and as such forced into more aggression than they likely normally play sitting at 5.2M. Since they did not raise you preflop, that should be a sign of a less than stellar hand. Usually, the small stack does not have the luxury of slow playing so I'd be playing after flop on that premise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite pot odds, the BB isn't calling anywhere near that wide here. In fact, given stack sizes he's calling fairly tight and when he is, he's pushing. The flat is pretty weird with 12bbs and is most likely indicative of he isn't very good. My read is that he's not anyone tricky to be feared. Also FWIW, if he has a K he's like always checking here with a plan to c/shove.

Problem is, checking this flop sucks bc he's going to shove a lot of turns which sucks for me bc I may be pushed off the best hand. Betting sucks bc any reasonable bet commits me to his shove. I don't see how I can bet 12k and fold when I have to call 14k more in a pot which would be like ~60k and he could easily have TJ. Making a smaller bet on the flop seems to be begging for a shove.

[ QUOTE ]
(But, unfortunately, you posting here implies a poor result.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet 12k and he folded. I just think it was a weird spot mostly due to the fact that he's flatting me pf OOP with 12bbs.