View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Final Table: 88 flop spot with awkward stacks

Yes, having the top 2 stacks following you is a tough spot but kudos on getting past everyone to the BB and represent a pretty good hand to raise from UTG.. Unfortunately, BB really has pot odds to call with anything but 32o and 72 type hands. However, BB is the small stack and as such forced into more aggression than they likely normally play sitting at 5.2M. Since they did not raise you preflop, that should be a sign of a less than stellar hand. Usually, the small stack does not have the luxury of slow playing so I'd be playing after flop on that premise.

After flop if the BB hit a K can they really afford to let you 'free card'? I think this is the time you need to think along the line that you have the best hand or at least a good semi bluff and the BB is not slow playing you (check if you think this player has the ability to slow play under his circumstance). Since you are not at risk of being busted and should not fear playing the short stack, I think it's a push. (But, unfortunately, you posting here implies a poor result.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]