View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: playing weak top pair with position

Definatly going to matter who the preflop raiser is, his hand range, his levels of aggression, and also anyone to act behind you. Are there obvious flush draws on board? There's definatly some straight draws there if alot of people are in the pot but if it is just you and the original PFR it is obviously much more likely he wiffed the flop with AK-AJ or KQ, which would put you in fine shape but you'd be screwed again'st an overpair. To be honest I think this situation is read dependent in a way, does villain make the same C-bet everytime? If so I'd make a reraise of 3x what he bet and see how he responds (hopefully with a fold) and if he calls I might give up on the turn.

In short I would consider my hand good here again'st most opponents and their ranges, if he had a set he would almost certainly slow play it unless scared of draws, and even an overpair (especially a high one) would probably be more tricky on this flop generally. This situation is very villain dependent but I would not hesitate to put in a strong raise to find out where I am.