View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]

There are definitely allot players that actually lose money playing poker to earn a few more fpp's. When they could be playing less making the same or more from actual winnings and have more free time to enjoy themselves. I think for some people earning the rake back from stars is kinda like the people who go a carnival and spend 50$ trying to win a 10$ stuffed bear. It makes some people happier to get a 1500$ bonus or a TV from poker stars than it does it to win 10k a month playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am definitely a player who sometimes sacrifices being a marginally winning player in order to be a break-even FPP whore, but that's largely because the latter makes me more money. Sadly, achieving a decent win rate playing four tables is worth less than breaking even playing 12-15 tables.

There's also more of a guaranteed profit with the latter option because you can play, for instance, 3000 VPP worth of hands a day and be guaranteed $157.50 or whatever, assuming you're able to break even.

Anyway, I've struggled to beat my online cash games since the legislation, so I need the FPPs to make a living at it and don't mind sacrificing EV to get them. If I ever want to play "real" poker I'll go play live.