View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: The differences between 1929 and Today

[ QUOTE ]
We aren't going to have a contraction of the moeny supply because Bernanke is going to print dollars like crazy and destroy the currency. Hyperfinlationary recession or deflationary recession, take your pick. The fed can't create any real wealth by fiddling with this stuff. Eventually we'll be at 0.2Euro/Dollar and gas will be 6$/gallon or worse. Inflation will be unfathomable.

The dollar is losing its place as world reserve currency. World banks are tired of trading ever greater amounts of real goods for a continually depreciating paper currency. China is experiencing ever higher inflation because we export it too them. Central banks around the world have announced thier intention to diversify out of (i.e. dump) the dollar. Our currency has lost astonishing value in the last five years and especially the last month. This will only continue as Helicopter Ben lowers rates.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to say again what I said to tolbiny. Holders of dollars have no interest in taking any action that would make themselves poorer. The problems you mention in China is precisely why they will not flood the market with dollars. It would compound their problems. Everyone who holds $ has an incentive and a stake in keeping the game going. They aren't going to crash it.

If anything, they will diversify into commodities. Even more likely, they will look to invest all those dollars to create more economy or more ownership.