View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Why people do not believe in libertarianism

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So this is basically your post:
1.) Let's assume libertarianism is right.
2.) Therefore, everyone who doesn't believe in libertarianism is wrong.
3.) Let's discuss why so many people are wrong.

I could just as easily start a thread like this: "Let's assume that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists. I've noticed that a lot of people don't believe in Flying Speghetti Monster. Let's discuss why these people are so delusional. Now, I won't accept arguments like 'Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist'. Let's just assume it, and thus assume that everyone who doesn't believe is crazy, and discuss why people are so crazy."

The reason most people do not believe in libertarianism is that they disagree with you premise.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it with you people?

Yes, you could make a post like that. But no one believes in the flying spaghetti monster so it's doubtful it requires a bias to reject. I maintain that many people could benefit from libertarianism who don't see that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The spaghetti monster is almost as popular a libertarianism. Why should it require "bias" to reject something that 99% of the population rejects?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is impossible for a person to reject something they are unaware of, so your 99% number is obviously off (ignoring the fact that it would be more like 85-90% if everyone was aware).