View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Official NHL 2006-07 Regular Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]

How is he a good coach? He won a Jack Adams with the best goalie in the league - wow.

The Islanders actually aren't that bad on paper, but they will be bad on the ice - partly thanks to Nolan.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke, right?

Those Sabres did have the best goalie in the league, but they also did not have much in front of him. Like others have said, Nolan did get those guys to work hard and probably got the most he could have out of that team. Who do you want to give the Jack Adams to? I guess the winner would have to be such a hockey genius that his team and his goalie were not very good.

As far as the Islanders being good on paper, these are essentially the same losers we had last year. But wait, now we have Sean Hill, Brendan Witt and Tom Poti on D and Chris Simon, Mike Sillinger and Richard Park up front. Oh I fogot Andy Hilbert too. Name another team in the East with a roster this bad? Washington, maybe. Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Florida, Tampa and Boston all have a little bit of a chance this year. The Islanders have no chance. I don't see what Nolan can do to make these guys worse than they already are.