View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters Results and Panel Comments

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raising the turn given the flop check is actually very very likely to result in the perception of 'oh, it's a bluff'.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could as easily be 'oh, it's a set'

[/ QUOTE ]

Or "Oh, it's a straight."

[ QUOTE ]

A few things:

1) What does 'PCed' mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot-committed.

[ QUOTE ]

2) The single biggest "error" was the overrating of CO's tightness. I mean, a Tight player should fold KTo to a preflop raise for fear of domination/out of position, not to mention to a Turn-checkraise with medium pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was priced in pf 'cause of the 3-way action. I am surprised he called all the way down, though.

[ QUOTE ]

One would generally play Tighter at a full table due to the perception that since there are more people there is a higher chance of a better hand as well as not wanting to embaress oneself in front of the entire table. When you're heads up one loses the fear of embarressment and there's a vibe that since it's only 2 players the quality of hands out there decreases as well so a Call is more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

[ QUOTE ]

4) For close decisions such as deciding between 5k and 7k, just follow the old rule 'Trust ur first instinct- don’t 2nd guess yourself'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see 5k v. allin as a close decision at all. My Dad was a Poker pro briefly in the 70s before going to medical school. He taught me a little about the game when I was a teenager. He said, "Never bet everything you have except for bus fare home." There's an enormous psychological difference between going all-in and saving 10 big blinds, especially when you're covered by this much.