View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Lloyd Carr Retiring

[ QUOTE ]
If Jim Harbaugh didn't make the comments about academics etc..earlier this year, does anybody think he would be a candidate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking? He's had 1 year (not even) at scholarship program. He might be 5+ years down the road (or might have been), but to hire him at this point would be sheer lunacy. Granted, they're winning about as many games as I thought they would with that schedule and talent, so it's not like I think he is necessarily doing a bad job, but there's no real track record to speak of and absolutely no reason to take a chance. Plus it would be a total Notre Dame move to do something drastic because of a win (or "win") over USC.

People need to be longterm about this. Tedford has turned a crap program into an excellent one. The fact that "OMG he's lost 4 games!" isn't entirely irrelevant but if you're moving him from 1st to out of consideration after his team wound up 6-4 you're just way too short-sighted. With all the information we have you really shouldn't be moving people that drastically, much like the Heisman Race in week 10.

I know you specifically may not have done that with Tedford, but lots of people have and I really hate that 5-minute attention span.