View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Re: $10nl 6-max vid - Talking Points

[ QUOTE ]
A huge leak in my game seems to be continuation betting, i lose tonnes of 10bb pots because i am cont betting and people are calling down light. I find it hard to make this money up when i do get a real hand and want to bet for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the micro-stakes (FR and 6-max) and I can really recognise this leak. FR: Say you have AQo and raise PF and get 1 caller who has position on you. Flop doesn't hit you, but you (standard) c-bet the flop, he calls. Now what?
Most of the times I just give up the hand and I fold to a bet on the turn or river or check it down to the river where villain wins with middle pair and often worse.

I'm just barely learning the fine art of c-betting with analyzing board-structures and PT villain stats. Double-barreling and other fancy plays I usually don't do at the micro-stakes of 2NL-50NL, thinking that is more something for levels above 50NL.

But what you see at levels below 50NL is that if your c-bet is around 50% of pot, they call light, beacuse your bet size looks weak. If you c-bet around 70-100% of pot, they usually let go of their hand more easily, beacuse they'll give you more credit for a hand. Anyone concurr?

When will you post your vid btw?