View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Good Luck Hunters!!!

I only got to hunt Saturday and Sunday morning (school Monday + a date Sunday night = not much huntin'). We saw three does that came to our feeder in the backyard of our cabin Friday night and then the only other deer I saw was in a field while driving back home [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. My dad saw a few, but they were too far away and he missed the first time. Then he set up to get a shot at them as they were coming back and it turns out that they actually ran right past him from behind and he couldn't turn around fast enough to get a shot off. And then as he's walking towards where I was, he jumps another. Damn, I ran bad this season [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]!

We're thinking about doing some stuff to our land to make it more attractive for hunting next season. Before the CWD scare, we used to feed them corn whenever we were up there and we might have as many as 15 deer in a night. Then we stopped feeding them because of the CWD scare and haven't had a whole lot since. Probably plant some food plots and do a little more scout work and stand placement for next year. Spring turkey season is a long ways away for the next trip out into the wild [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

edit- congrats to shoe on his first deer!