View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: PCA hand, allin preflop with 76o at the 100/200 level

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just made a post in BBV about the Pca and it reminded me of this thread so I figured I'd bump it.

First Funkii I will say shoving here is really bad. I think I talked to you about it one night there when I was drunk but my 3betting range there is probably something like TT+ AQ+ it's pretty tight.

Also I'm no expert on live reads but the fact that you didn't think very long told me you didn't have a huge hand. I didn't think you were capable of 4bet bluff shoving so I actually figured there was a very good chance you had AK. Either way I was fairly sure you did not have that strong a hand. Unfortunately I had AQs and since I figured AK was such a large part of your range I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I'm pretty sure it was a bad read, but I also still think it might have been profitable. I'm pretty sure you fold AK there like, always, and you maaaaaybe call with JJ, but I didn't think you would at the time. I think the bad read is that I overestimated your 3-betting range. I pretty much thought you were borderline lag/maniac, and since I'd been opening a lot I figured any respectable lag/maniac would 3-bet there very wide.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can tell you that I am 99% sure I would have called with AK.