Thread: Average SMP IQ.
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Average SMP IQ.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe poker players have higher Iqs on average to normal peeps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not too sure. I make a poker product and you wouldn't believe the volume of retarded emails I get. I'd say 80% of users don't even understand the basic idea of EV, which really anyone playing poker should instantly grasp. I believe HUDs, formulaic play and chimp trainers like Sklansky and Miller are the reason most people win.

That said, 2+2 has the largest collection of very smart people on the internet imo, and the high stakes cash games are mostly where they congregate (with a nod to SMP).

[/ QUOTE ]

id argue this, on the basis that some of the most intelligent people i've ever met are computer illiterate. i had two teachers, one a philosophy PhD from harvard and one an astrophysics PhD from caltech, both were absolutely computer illiterate. they could check email and use google but that was just about it. i think for people born in the last 20 years it is easy mistakenly judge intelligence by certain technological abilities because stupid people in our age group tend to be bad with computers etc. but a lot of people who didn't grow up with computers can be very intelligent but technologically inept