View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Yet another NYC raid

These get enforced regardless. The whole politics argument is starting to get a little old, rehearsed, and boring. Police bust places like these because it's their job to do so. I've said this before, poker players seem to think that their places shouldn't get busted for the simple fact that to them, poker activities are moral and therefore shouldn't be a crime. Newsflash - this is the same line of thinking about 90% of criminals employ. Clubs are illegal by nature and thus subject to prosecution, regardless of how many "woe is me, AC is so far away" complaints get uttered.

This is coming from someone who was actually on the B+M side of the fence for awhile, having been charged myself in connection with a busted club, and having dealt/played nightly at two others which I left prior to police showing up and suggesting that they close.

Prevalence of rooms overall is decreasing by the day, for many reasons unrelated to busts. Within a couple of years I'd imagine few if any will be left. For now, the raids continue.